Sunday, March 8, 2009

Remakes




Everywhere you look in your local multiplex there is a remake. I usually hate them but if done right I don't complain. I have seen just about all the major horror remakes that came out in 2009 thus far: The Unborn, My bloody Valentine 3D and Friday the 13th. Some of course where better then others but I have to give them all credit for one thing they all get an A from me for there gimmicks. The creators of bloody valentine knew that people wouldn't want to see another generic horror movie so they went and made it 3d and charged more money for the tickets, and the public including myself fell for it and made it a box-office hit. I must admit that the 3d was pretty good. The same was done with Friday the 13th but instead of 3d they made it a reboot and made Jason better then we've seen him, and again myself and the public ate it up and gave it the biggest ever opening weekend for a horror film. Are these movies meant to stimulate your mind? Hell no but they make for a pretty good hour and a half. The recent success of these movies bodes well for the upcoming remake of The Last House on the Left.

No comments:

Post a Comment